Calen (BK 1 My Soul To Keep Series) by Rie McGaha

Calen (BK 1 My Soul To Keep Series) by Rie McGaha
A love so deep, even time stands still...

Show Your Love For Abused/Abandoned Animals!

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Author Spotlight-Fiona McGier


AUGUST
AUTHOR
SPOTLIGHT



Fiona McGier
fionamcgier@weebly.com
Published by
Wings E-Press
www.wingsepress.com




The August spotlight goes to Fiona McGier, who just had her first book, Never Too Old For The Game of Love, published in April. Her second book, Recipe For Love was published this month. Both books are available from Wings E-Press (www.wingsepress.com), and are available now.

Rie: Thank you for joining me, Fiona. Tell me what your books are about and how you came to write them.

Fiona: Never Too Old For The Game Of Love is the first book in a series that I am working on, that I am calling The Reyes Family Romances. It's about the struggles of two women approaching 40, both divorced and bringing up their kids as single moms, who start a party-planning business to supplement their child-support. They think there is no time or opportunity for romance until their children who are pre-teens, grow up and leave the house. One of the other women in their playgroup, a happily-married Hispanic woman, urges them to do a men-only birthday party for her brother-in-law, Alejandro Reyes. He has been enjoying playing the field for years, and has no interest in settling down.The only problem is that right before the day of the party, he demands they hire a stripper as the entertainment. They have no idea how to find one…one suggests to the other that she do the dancing. After all, the only one there who might recognize her is Mr. Reyes, and he is the one demanding a dancer. It becomes the dance that changes their lives.

Recipe For Love is about the trials and tribulations of opening a small cafe while raising your two children as a single mom, and planning to cater the upcoming wedding of your pregnant best friend, while also serving as her maid of honor. Patti has a trouble-making ex-husband, and her rapidly approaching 40th birthday does nothing to improve her already battered self-confidence. She has no plans to fall in love, but when a gypsy biker shows up to apply for the job of assistant cook, she feels the tingling all the way down to her toes!


Rie: They sound like real women dealing with real problems. How did you come up with the ideas for them?

Fiona: In the first one, a close friend of mine suggested that I try writing about someone our age. I told her I would try to write a story that she might like to be part of, with a hero worthy of fantasizing about. She was pretty happy with the results, except now she wants to meet Alejandro! In the second book, I wanted to give Patti, the supportive friend in Never Too Old For The Game Of Love, her own romance. I wated her love story to be totally different, yet just what she was looking for, even if she didn't know it. And once again, I created a man that I fell in love with, as I hope my readers will too.


Rie: So what do you have planned for your readers in the future, Fiona?

Fiona: I am still writing about the romances of the children of the characters in the original two storie. I like realistic erotic romance stories, not ones that couldn’t possibly happen. I write about men and women, and try to make them believable people, such as women you might like to be friends with(or be), and men you fall in love with as you read about them. I certainly fall in love with each one of my heroes. And my romances may be erotic, but I believe the most exciting scenes are between two people who are realizing that they can’t possibly live without each other anymore.

I am still immersed in the world I have created, and the characters are not done telling me their romance stories. But I have another series bubbling in the back of my mind, and those characters are patiently waiting for their turn.


Rie: Thank you for being with me today. Your books sound wonderful and I can't wait to read them. Is there anything else you'd like the readers to know?

Fiona: If you like realistic romances with some sexual spice in them, I hope you give my books a try. And thanks for giving me the opportunity to chat about my books.








No comments:

Post a Comment